Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dream Destination - Red Rocks Amphitheater


It's been a long time since I've seen a good concert. There's something so magical about seeing one of your favorite acts live, and singing along to all their songs and feeling that ache in your legs the next morning from standing so long. Seeing one of these sets outside in good weather with an awesome view? That's what I'm talking about. Chicago has great options for outdoor music, but I want to visit Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheater. 

There are amazing acoustics, and Red Rocks has been voted the best outdoor music venue over and over again. I recently watched a Mumford and Sons concert DVD at Red Rocks and thought just how cool this place looked. I can just imagine how good it would feel to totally lose myself in the music with the stunning scenery behind me.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen it! But when it was empty.

    I'm trying to think of the best act to see there. Something a bit surreal. Maybe some of the dreamier stuff Radiohead has done.

    ReplyDelete