Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Best Mexican Food in SE Asia


Guacamole is hard to find in Southeast Asia. I had to laugh at some of the Mexican food I ate in Thailand because it was so bad. The meal would usually consist of watery beans, a green paste posing as guacamole and soggy tortilla chips. I never thought I would find the best Mexican food of my trip in Bali, but Taco Casa in Ubud rivaled any Mexican food I can find in the states.
soft tacos
A lot of the Mexican food I saw abroad scared me since I wasn’t confident all the vegetables were washed in clean water. I was so happy to see that all of the produce at Taco Casa is washed in clean water, as that is a huge concern for me. On my first visit we split a pitcher of sangria and I had the soft tacos. They were amazing and so was the guacamole we split as an appetizer.
the exterior
I loved the food so much we came back a second time during my stay and the staff recognized us and was so friendly. My second time I ordered the quesadillas which were just as delicious.  Planning a trip to Bali? I would recommend trying the local food first, but I know a guacamole craving can strike at any time. If so, write down the address of Taco Casa if going by taxi, as mine had to call a friend to get directions.
Find me:
Taco Casa Jln. Pengosekan (South End of Ubud) Ubud, Gianyar +62 361 2123818

No comments:

Post a Comment